Closed Nose Surgery
This is the most preferred surgery among rhinoplasty surgeries, if it is suitable for the patient. Recovery after closed rhinoplasty is much faster and there are no suture marks are left.
Closed rhinoplasty is performed inside the nostrils. In the closed method, the incision is inside the nasal cavity and there is no incision mark at the tip of the nose.
How Closed Nose Surgery Works?
Closed rhinoplasty is performed under general anesthesia. The duration of the operation is 2-3 hours. During the operation, an incision is made inside the nose with surgical instruments and the operation is performed inside the nostrils. The operation is completed with aesthetic suturing of the nasal cavity.
What Is The Process After The Surgery?
- If the operation concerns a small area, then it is performed under local anesthesia and the patient is discharged on the same day.
- The patient should be kept under observation overnight in the clinic, if the operation is performed under general anesthesia.
- Silicone splints and protective tape are placed on the nose at the end of the operation. Thanks to the high technology splints, there is no need to use plaster and tampons. This increases the comfort of the patient after the surgery.
- Splints are removed in 3-4 days. The sutures will not be removed and will dissolve on their own as we use high quality aesthetic sutures in the surgery.
- Edema is common in the first 48 hours after surgery. Patients can get back to their normal lives within 10 days. You can take a bath 3 days after the operation. Please avoid physically exhausting sports and do not be exposed to sun for 3 months, and pay special attention if you are using glasses.
What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages of Closed Method?
Closed rhinoplasty is a difficult operation that must be performed meticulously by the surgeon. For this reason, you should choose an experienced clinic and physician to have this surgery.
The disadvantage of the operation stems from fact that the entire operation must be performed through narrow surgical openings with limited vision. This makes surgery very difficult.
Its advantage is that the postoperative edema heals quickly and the recovery period is shorter compared to the open rhinoplasty. Another advantage of this method is that there is no visible scar after the operation. In addition, the nasal skin is not damaged, as the incisions are made inside the nostrils.
Since the nerves in the nose are not damaged in the closed rhinoplasty, there is no risk of numbness after the surgery.
Our solution partners